Biopharmaceuticals are biological products which are developed and manufactured for addressing the prevention of and treatment of a variety of diseases. The latest developments in biotechnology and bio manufacturing have led to the rapid growth of technologies which have the capacity to address the problems associated with the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals. This has led to a consequential increase in the growth of the biopharmaceutical market. The launch of biopharmaceuticals of therapeutic value has generated further momentum in the field through the creation of methods for the industrialization of biopharmaceuticals for treating a variety of chronic diseases and progressive ailments. This has led to the penetration of the market by a substantial number of manufacturers as well as investors.
The market analysis predicts that Global Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market with a CAGR of 9.2% is aimed to reach USD 11.2 billion by 2023, and is currently valued at USD 6.3 billion by the end of 2018.
The success attained by the biopharmaceutical can be directly attributed to the contract manufacturers. Contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) have led to a decrease in the requirement of overall investment for launching a new drug product to the market, have provided extensive access to expensive technologies, and also provided greater flexibility as well as quick entry of products in the market. Several companies in the biopharmaceutical market have committed to the outsourcing of their operations of biopharmaceutical manufacturing to CMOs.
Apart from substantial expansion of established CMOs such as Lonza and Boehringer Ingelheim, there are quite a few new competitors entering the market. The launch of Samsung Biologics in 2013, is one such example of a big ticket company entering the market. The company is currently expanding its bioreactor capacities for growth in this sector. It owns three plants having a capacity of more than 300,000 liters and also has plans of incorporating a fourth plant.
Cutting edge advancements in technology, and innovations in the field of bioprocessing have played a significant role in the expansion of contract service providers, as it allowed them to overcome the issues of high production cost and the need to changing over with every batch. The overall scale up costs have been significantly brought down after the introduction of single use bioprocessing systems in the market.
You can have a better picture of the global markets with our full report and it provides the acumen in key areas helpful in future planning. As per our report, the global biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing market is categorized on the basis of product type, therapeutic area, application and geographical regions.
Based on product type, the market is separated into
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Growth Factors
- Recombinant Proteins
The monoclonal segment is expected to dominate the market. Recombinant Proteins and Vaccines segments are also expected to grow at a robust CAGR.
On the basis of therapeutic area, the market is separated into
- Infectious Disease
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Metabolic Disease
- Respiratory Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
As in early 2018, the infectious disease segment holds the major market revenue and estimated to continue the similar trend for coming years. It is closely followed by the respiratory disorder segment.
On the basis of application, the market is separated into
The clinical segment holds the highest market share owing to increasing application of biopharmaceutical contract manufacturing in this segment.
On the basis of regional distribution, the market is separated into
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
With the advanced healthcare infrastructure and investments in technological innovations, North America grabs the principal market share trailing Europe and Asia Pacific. However, market predictions reveal a significant growth rate for the Asia Pacific region with the increased medicinal investments, research and development in healthcare, advent of new technologies in biopharmaceutical manufacturing and others.
The market report also discloses the information about the global leaders of Biopharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Market are
- Patheon N.V.
- Rentschler Biotechnologie GmbH
- AbbVie Contract Manufacturing (An AbbVie Company)
- Biomeva GmbH
- Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH
- WuXi Biologics
- Abzena Plc
- Lonza Group AG
- Probiogen AG
- Sandoz International GmbH
- Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies
- KBI Biopharma, Inc.
- Cytovance Biologics, Inc.
- Baxter Biopharma Solutions
- Vetter Pharma International GmbH
- Catalent, Inc.
- Samsung Biologics Co., Ltd.
- Ajinomoto Althea, Inc.
Mergers and acquisitions is the most prevalently adopted strategy of the market. This strategy aids CMOs in offering integrated services of bioprocessing to their clients. This further augments their reliability for rapid launching of products for commercial uses.
Scope of the report:
- Global, regional and country-level analysis and forecasts of the study market; providing Insights on the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped
- Segment-level analysis in terms of technology, component, and type along with market size forecasts and estimations to detect key areas of industry growth in detail
- Identification of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges (DROC) in the market and their impact on shifting market dynamics
- Study of the effect of exogenous and endogenous factors that affect the global market; which includes broadly demographic, economics, and political, among other macro-environmental factors presented in an extensive PESTLE Analysis
- Study the micro environment factors that determine the overall profitability of an Industry, using Porter’s five forces analysis for analyzing the level of competition and business strategy development
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with their product portfolio, current strategic interests, key financial information, legal issues, SWOT analysis and analyst overview to study and sustain the market environment
- Competitive landscape analysis listing out the mergers, acquisitions, collaborations in the field along with new product launches, comparative financial studies and recent developments in the market by the major companies
- An executive summary, abridging the entire report in such a way that decision-making personnel can rapidly become acquainted with background information, concise analysis and main conclusions
Market Data Forecast is a firm working in the areas of market research, business intelligence and consulting. We have rich experience in research and consulting for various business domains to cater to the needs of both individual and corporate clients.
For more information:
Sales Manager at Market Data Forecast